EQUIAM provides simple, diversified access to the private technology asset class
Founder and CEO
- Chair of EQUIAM Investment Committee
- Former CEO of IstithmarWorld: $5 billion global SWF PE Portfolio
- Founder, CEO & CIO of Algebra Capital, $1.5 billion asset manager sold to Franklin Templeton
- 30+ years of experience building and running asset management companies, PE firms, and investment banks MBA NYU Stern; Masters in International Affairs Columbia University; B.A. Rice University
Partner, Founding Team Member
- Co-responsible for design and development of EQUIAM’s proprietary investment model, as well as on-going optimization
- Responsible for investment execution and management of EQUIAM Private Tech30 Fund and Private Alpha Fund
- Formerly, 6th non-founder hire at Forge, executed $500M+ in private capital transactions across dozens of issuers
- B.B.A. from the University of Notre Dame
- Decade of principal investment experience across Private Equity and Venture Capital industries
- Worked with a variety of early-stage and late-stage start-ups in an advisory capacity, investing family office capital of a pre-IPO Goldman Sachs partners.
- 7th employee and Principal at the Kingfish Group, where he helped lead private equity co-investment and direct investing activities representing $1 billion+ of invested capital
- Graduate of the Marshall School of Business Honors Program at the University of Southern California
Director, Placement & Distribution
- Formerly institutional equity sales at B. Riley FBR where he worked with some of the top asset managers in the U.S. and abroad.
- Worked with a variety of start-ups in an advisory capacity and has bootstrapped various projects in the Tech & Real Estate sector.
- Full-stack web developer hobbyist.
- University of Colorado Boulder, Quantitative Finance, Economics, and Computer Science.
- Extensive experience in multi-billion AUM asset management and application of quantitative research to drive investment decisions, signal construction, process improvement.
- Data science, machine learning and optimization enthusiast.
- Programming since 9th grade and previously a professional gamer.
- Master of Financial Engineering from UCLA Anderson, B.S. in Computer Science from University of Colorado at Boulder.
Sr. Associate, Operations
- Former Associate at Goldman Sachs Asset Management: worked on trade settlement and various operational work for Goldman Mutual Funds.
- Fund admin experience with a variety of multi-billion dollar hedge funds & private equity funds. Responsible for investor services, client implementations, and process improvements.
- B.S. from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Incoming Masters of Accountancy from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Gies College of Business (expected 2022).
- Former Executive Chairman of Nuveen, grew AUM by 14% to $1T during tenure
- Former co-President of Franklin Templeton Investments
- Ex-World Bank senior executive advising governments on financial markets development
- Board member of: BowX (SPAC), The Hive, Global Impact Investing Network. Investment committee at Santa Clara University
- University of Mumbai; University of Massachusetts Amherst (MBA)
- Co-Founder and CEO of Bullet Point Network
- Former Head of Public Equity and Absolute Return at the Harvard endowment
- Former Head of Global Securities (overseeing equities, fixed income, currencies & commodities) at Credit Suisse
- Former Partner and Head of Global Equity Products at Goldman Sachs
- Graduated summa cum laude from Yale University with a B.A. in Economics; Academic All-American in basketball
Executive Committee Member
- Partner at Alpview Capital; holds several Board and Advisory Board seats including at 23&Me, Infomedia, Forge, Boxed, Fusion.Org and G3NiU7
- Founding CEO of two companies that have successfully IPO’d
- Investment roles at Frontier Ventures, Edge Venture Capital, and Stanford Research International
- Founder and CEO of Real Time Content
Executive Committee Member
- Current CEO of Forge
- Founding investor of mFoundry, the leading provider of mobile banking, which was acquired by Fidelity Information Systems in 2013
- Formerly, CEO of PENSCO, one of the nation’s leading alternative asset custodians, which was sold to Opus Bank in 2017
- Managing Partner of Operative Capital, a Fintech venture firm based in San Francisco
- Founder and Managing Director of Draper Athena — a venture capital firm with offices in the U.S., Korea, Hong Kong and China
- Currently serves on the board of several public and private companies including Anoto Group, JunetPlus, Moloco, and NexiaDevice
- Member of the Leadership Board at the MIT McGovern Institue for Brain Research
Advisor, Systematic Signal Development & Analytics
- Formerly an Investment Associate at Bridgewater Associates
- Worked extensively with clients on systematic portfolio construction and stress testing, building tools to make portfolio biases easily understandable and actionable
- Graduate of the honors program of Economics at the University of Chicago