EQUIAM provides simple, diversified access to the private technology asset class
Founder and CEO
- 30+ years of experience building and running Asset Management & Private Equity firms and Investment Banks
- Serial entrepreneur in the Financial Services sector
- Founder & CEO of Algebra Capital (asset management firm, sold to Franklin Templeton)
- CEO of Istithmar World, Dubai Bank and Qatar First Bank.
Partner, Founding Team Member
- Prior to EQUIAM, joined as 6th non-founder employee at Forge; executed $500M+ in private capital transactions and led a variety of special projects.
- John has nearly a decade of data science experience and was instrumental in the development and construction of EQUIAM’s systematic investment model.
- B.B.A. from the University of Notre Dame.
Director, Placement & Distribution
- Formerly institutional equity sales at B. Riley FBR where he worked with some of the top asset managers in the U.S. and abroad.
- Worked with a variety of start-ups in an advisory capacity and has bootstrapped various projects in the Tech & Real Estate sector.
- Full-stack web developer hobbyist.
- University of Colorado Boulder, Quantitative Finance, Economics, and Computer Science.
- Decade of principal investment experience across Private Equity and Venture Capital industries
- Worked with a variety of early-stage and late-stage start-ups in an advisory capacity, investing family office capital of a pre-IPO Goldman Sachs partners.
- 7th employee and Principal at the Kingfish Group, where he helped lead private equity co-investment and direct investing activities representing $1 billion+ of invested capital
- Graduate of the Marshall School of Business Honors Program at the University of Southern California
Advisor, Systematic Signal Development & Analytics
- Formerly an Investment Associate at Bridgewater Associates
- Worked extensively with clients on systematic portfolio construction and stress testing, building tools to make portfolio biases easily understandable and actionable
- Graduate of the honors program of Economics at the University of Chicago
Executive Committee Member
- Partner at Alpview Capital; holds several Board and Advisory Board seats including at 23&Me, Infomedia, Forge, Boxed, Fusion.Org and G3NiU7
- Founding CEO of two companies that have successfully IPO’d
- Investment roles at Frontier Ventures, Edge Venture Capital, Princeville Global, and Stanford Research International
- Founder and CEO of Real Time Content
Executive Committee Member
- Current CEO of Forge
- Founding investor of mFoundry, the leading provider of mobile banking, which was acquired by Fidelity Information Systems in 2013.
- Formerly, CEO of PENSCO, one of the nation’s leading alternative asset custodians, which was sold to Opus Bank in 2017.
- Managing Partner of Operative Capital, a Fintech venture firm based in San Francisco.
- Co-Founder and President at Forge
- Founding partner at S2 Capital
- Advised and invested in a number of startups, Zenefits and Coin
- Extensive background in product management, engineering and business
- Founder and Managing Director of Draper Athena — a venture capital firm with offices in the U.S., Korea, Hong Kong and China
- Currently serves on the board of several public and private companies including Anoto Group, JunetPlus, Moloco, and NexiaDevice
- Member of the Leadership Board at the MIT McGovern Institue for Brain Research